Russell Cawyer is a partner representing Texas employers in Kelly Hart & Hallman’s labor and employment practice group practicing out of the firm’s Fort Worth, Texas office. He has been board certified in labor and employment law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization nearly fifteen years.
Since completing a two year assignment as a briefing attorney for a federal trial court, Russell has represented Texas employers in labor and employment disputes in state and federal courts and before numerous governmental agencies such as the EEOC, U.S. Department of Labor and Texas Workforce Commission. In addition to representing employers before federal and state courts across the country, he provides day-to-day advice and counseling to employers on handling human resource issues and workplace disputes.
Russell is also a frequent author and speaker on labor and employment legal issues affecting Texas employers and is the editor and publisher of the Texas Employment Law Update.
- Defending Employers In Employment Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims
- Wage & Hour Compliance and Class Action Defense
- Drafting Employment Agreements and Trial Of Disputes Over Employment Agreements.
- Representing Employers In Governmental Administrative Investigations like the EEOC, U.S. Department of Labor and Texas Workforce Commission.
- Advice and Counseling to Employer over Human Resource Issues and Workplace Disputes.
- Employment and Labor Arbitrations
- Noncompete, Nondisclosure, Nonsolicitation and Trade Secret Litigation
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Bar Association Labor and Employment Section, Treasurer 2009-present
- State Bar of Texas, Labor and Employment Law Division
- B.S., University of North Texas
- J.D., Texas Tech School of Law
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan